Monday, October 5, 2009

Which Anti Virus to get for your computer / Laptop ?

and most importantly, Which Affordable (Cheap) but a good quality Anti Virus you should get ?
Actually you should get an Internet Security software instead of just Anti Virus.
So here's the Secret to getting a Cheap Anti Virus, read on to find out how :)

Yes there are Free Anti Virus, Free Firewalls, etc
Yes there are people who use no Anti Virus whatsoever and has never gotten a Virus.
But I just want to be on the safer side.

I used to use Norton, and in 2002 (I think) I got a Virus on my Laptop.
man, that was the worst feeling of not knowing what to do.
then I switched to Mcafee, problem solved

At 2008, I wanted to get Mcafee 2009, but it was out of stock
So I searched for alternative
I was intrigued by Eset Nod32 Antivirus and all the rave reviews.

but I find Eset to be a little too expensive

and I figured it's safer to get more than just an Anti Virus
So I tried Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (3 User) , because I have 2 laptops.

and It's been fine ever since..... I didn't find any problems with it, installing is easy, and just insert the code that's printed on the CD cover.

However, I just don't know why purchasing it online from the official Kaspersky website is way more expensive.
I got mine for 18.99US$ from Amazon.com and it was a bargain !!
Come one.... 3 computers for less than 20$, okay....add the shipping cost, it's $23 for a whole year of Virus Free, for 3 computers.

So this is the beginning of my second year with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009(KIS 2009)
At first, approaching the "expiry date" of the Kaspersky License, I thought I had to purchase KIS 2010, which was more expensive and I read that it wasn't quite stable yet and I dreaded the fact that I might have to uninstall my existing KIS 2009 and installed a new one, and what if my system crashed bla bla bla.

Well, Good news !!!!!!!!
It turns out, I can still purchase KIS 2009 and use the code to renew my license and stay protected with KIS 2009.
And if I want to upgrade to KIS 2010, I can always download it.
Yes... my License allow me to upgrade to KIS 2010 if I want to.
I find that to be a super bargain.
You can just get Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 for such a low price and decide what you want with it.
As for me, I don't see the need to upgrade to KIS 2010 for now, so I'm good with KIS 2009 for now :)

No comments: