Friday, April 24, 2009

How to partition your harddisk ?

So, after finding out that I now have 1 single partition of 80GB.
I wanted to take the HDD out and bring it back to the distributor and ask them to partition it for me.

Or take it out, put it in an external HDD case and partition it using Computer/Disk Management in Windows (never done this before)

But hey... a lot of people are using Partition Magic, and I didn't have to take out my HDD, so I tried it.
There are infact other software, Acronis Disk Director, fdisk, Gparted, Ghost, etc etc.
I choose Partition Magic because it was the one that was available at that time.

So.... I installed Partition Magic 8
Reboot / Restart computer.

Then I go to Partition Magic.
Basically I just followed the instruction to partition my HDD.
Oh okay, I forgot what I did ;p
But since I didn't write down any note on it, it must've been pretty straight forward.

Here's a snap of the pic.
No need to read what's there, once it's running, you can't do anything anyway.


So.......... Partitioning done and one happy me :)

No comments: